Sunday 14 December 2014

Rangoli Design

Hi Friends, again I have come with Rangoli which I made on Diwali.


Did you know Rangoli is  also known as Kolam in southern India. It is art from India in which patterns are created on the floor using materials such as  rice powder, colored sand or flower petals. It is usually made during DiwaliOnamPongal and other Indian festivals. They are meant for sacred welcoming. The purpose of rangoli is decoration. Generally,  rangoli are made during occasions such as festivals, marriage celebrations and other functions. Rangoli designs can be simple geometric shapes, flower and petal shapes.  Materials included are colored sand, red brick powder and even flowers and petals, as in the case of flower rangolis.

Ok Let me tell you how I created this Rangoli design. Its quite simple. But I will tell you how I made. For border design my neighbor 12 year old girl Virashri helped me to design. As this Sanskarbharti Rangoli first I filled the background starting from inside that is pink color then vibrant green color and purple color. Later on with white powder made designs from inside to outside. The outer circle is made of Supari. Here come a very unique Rangoli. Isn’t it.

Thank you for stopping by my site and love to hear your comments.




2 comments: